Saturday 7 January 2017

Basics Tutorial part 2.





Part 2;

So I've just added a vocal and ran it through auto tune and now I have a slightly robotic effect, but it was the effect I was looking for in this song.

I've backed off the sequence with MPC as it sounded to over the top, and now I've added a snare and hihat loop to reinforce the drums, I also redid the "pikes" so now it's a different tune altogether but the patterns of the pikes are still the same.

So now I've done a bounce down added it to windows movie maker, and put a fade out on the end now and now it's ready for Youtube.



 Theres loads of mastering which I didn't cover so each day this week I will release a more in depth feature into these different components of song production, Starting out tonight with basic chord generation, using the piano roll and basic features of sequencing. Then to follow will be:





  • Usage of a synth, 
  • basic usage of effects like reverb, delay, chorus,
  • how to create a hook or lead melody, 
  • how to make your tunes sound fat, bassy and make them shine!
  • more in depth look into mastering, 
  • sampling and how to process samples,
  • looking at Autotune,
  • automation, 
  • and any others I might have missed on this list including how to get the best out your MPC or 16 pad drum machine/sampler, I will also cover usage of the Yamaha A3000 and other outboard samplers.
So hang in there there will be something for everyone coming out in due time on this blog as well as news, ,music, videos tutorials, sample packs, and much much more. 

If you can think of anything or want to get in touch just leave a comment, I like the feedback. 

so peace and enjoy your evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment