Thursday 5 January 2017

Welcome all to Exe.dist's music blog. 

This Blog is where I'll post updates, new original music, in your favourite EDM flavours! When this blog is more established I will post downloads for custom sample packs and post competitions and other great stuff.  Now follow me...

where do I start? let's try my past first, then what I'm doing now and then I'll top it off with the future of Exe.Dist music.  


  • My history:
Exe.Dist music started back in 1996 when I was a Trombone player and had to come up with a group name, and the name kind of stuck. I learned Trombone from about the age of ten years and over a couple of years started playing in a formal private band which was owned and ran by my mentor. I moved on after a while when I was headhunted to be 1st Trombone player in a local Scout band (where before I was a 4th Trombonist and being in that position you never ended up with solo work and were usually drowned out by everyone else's playing. I originally grew an interest to be a musician, after watching my parents play brass instruments (as my dad wa a professional Trombonist and my mother was a professional Tuba, Trumpet and Piano player and used to give piano lessons to people). So as you see music was in the blood and I want it bad, not to be famous per se, but to be either known or recognized in my life time for my work either as a front man, musician, composer or lyricist. 

I started my actual journey as a solo artist when I moved to gloucestershire to attend a private college, which I like most people bore easily and needed something to do, so I saved up my money and purchased my first keyboard, which was a Yamaha  PSR-175, which was a basic keyboard, with built in piano training function, I learned fir ellies and pachelbel's Canon in D, I soon outgrew that keyboard and got a second one which was a Yamaha K-1 with built in Karaoke and voice changing function (it was only basic effects, but it gave me the tools to learn about DSP effect, and started to practice singing, while playing the keyboard, with one hand on one keyboard and another on the older keyboard, I started composition at this point and started writing lyrics). 

One summer day in I think it was 2006 I went out looking for my first proper synthesiser, with hands on functionality, This was the Yamaha Tyros 1 which I still own now as a controller keyboard, it wasn't as hands on as I hoped but it had changeable synthesis using computer software and was based on Yamaha Motif technology. I got it at much reduced price, so with spare cash I went and bought my first tape recorder and all manner of cables and connections. I started to make mix tapes and got into composing electronic dance music, as I had always loved Trance music. 

Over the year I purchased a Yamaha A3000 sampler as the tyros didn't support sampling unfortunately, the  A3000 was a state of the art sampler back in the mid 90's and has been used by many respectable musicians, in the EDM (EDM stands for Electronic Dance Music) genre. 
But the samper at that point I wanted to get hold of was the world renowned Akai S4000 series sampler, which I picked mine up at a college mothball sale in 2009. I wanted this piece of kit as I knew Gary Numan worked with them too great effect and I loved his music , mainly 80's music like "Are friends electric" and "Down in the park", but I also liked the album which he produced called jagged, which is an industrial rock album which retains some 80' newwave sounds which have been heavily sampled meticulously and layered to add great amounts of depth. 

I got into computer music, when I purchased a copy of Steinbergs Sequel, which I learned a majority of what I now know today. I upgraded to a crossgrade version of Cubase SX3, running on a educational licence, while I was studying an ND Level 2 at Northbrook college worthing, broadwater site. I also had done a BTEC there also. 

I now run a full version of Cubase 8.5 and Akai MPC Studio, which I run many soft synths, and have integrated a majority of my older equipment, including the samplers which I use for my drum machines. 

I now produce Dance, Trance, Dubstep and Drum and bass music, I have made good with a Youtube channel which did give me perfect exposure, but I now mainly use Newgrounds to post up music as I at least get comments, feedback and several hundred to several thousand views per page I upload, which apart from a handful of pieces I have uploaded to Youtube, so I don't tend to post there to much any more.

In the future I would like to produce more deeply sampled pieces, learn layering of sound to achieve a specific sound which I have spent years looking for. I want to grow my Youtube channel again will keep my social statuses up to date and keep posting a regular slot for Newgrounds and Youtube.


  1. Youtube account is: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqrkaoyIt0Dr6YH3km16Zxw
  2. My Soundcloud is https://soundcloud.com/stuart-wright-28667253
  3. Facebook fan page is: https://www.facebook.com/groups/467212620130069/
  4. My Reddit is: https://www.reddit.com/user/maxxpump/
  5. stumbleupon is: www.stumbleupon.com/stumbler/swright921

No comments:

Post a Comment